Hello loyal 1000 cups of crane readers. I apologies that I have not updated the blog for FOUR WEEKS. This is due to locking myself in the studio and painting for the SALA Festival that official opens today the 1st of August. I will be smashing out the four weeks that I am behind. I hope I manage to mention all of the wonderful people I have met in this time.
This week backgrounds were: Quilt cover, pot holder, my first artwork for SALA - The White Tiger of the West, paper, container of slip, my easel, my jumper (that I knitted) art goal workbook from Leonie Dawson, paper at Gallery One, Knight Rider box set, office chair, bubble wrap, inside of a slipper, white plate, Tangerine meg's paints, The Tardis model, earrings and necklace, bathsalts, hot dog, moose and plant and a homemade teddycat.
On Wednesday (cup #449) of this week I visited Gallery One in Mitcham. The artworks for SALA will be on display at Gallery One until the 24th of August. I explained the 1000 cups of cranes journey/project to the Gallery coordinator Sanya and she really loves it. All things going well the exhibition 1000 cups of cranes will be held at Gallery One in March 2015. At some point before visiting Sanya at the Gallery I had this brainwave to create 1000 COFFEE CUPS inspired by the photos from this blog. I have begun this second phase of creating these ART CUPS to be sold at the exhibition along with the photos and the crane artworks. I am very excited by this new phase of this journey. You will be able to come to Gallery One on the 16th and 23rd to see me making these cups and possibly even contribute to them in some way.
I have also started a drawing table, where you can colour in a square for me to use to fold cranes out of. This table will be available at most of my market event from here on out. (If I have enough space)
Over the weekend I was at Flinders st Market
455. Tangerine Cranes - Tangerine Meg an wonderful lady named Margi who creates bold art with bold colours for bold souls.
456. Dr Who - Babycakes run by Kristy a bright bubbly woman who creates awesome Jewellery from Dr Who to Vincent Van Gogh (one of my favourites) to Lego pieces. I recently bought some flowers to match my Wonkie Knee Art custom art jacket.
457. Coffee & Vanilla - Oh Deer Sugar. Bath Salts that have coffee in them. I AM IN HEAVEN!!!! Sharni and Nikki make all of their vegan body products. The smell is incredible.
458. Elaborate Nest Building 101 - Haddo's Hog Dogs. Oh My Gawd!!!!
Carly and Glenn make the best dang hot dogs EVER!!! "Get in my belly"
459. Moose Juice - Juice excuse. Dani makes a killer juice and an extremely tasty warming soup well worth it on a winter's day.
460. 460. Sleeping Teddy Cat- Sukie. Kareen makes some beautiful handmade home decor items and children's clothing. I couldn't go past the gorgeous Teddy cats. So cuddly and just adorable.
Until next week may all your cups be delicious and all your cranes fly free. Make sure you register your email if you found a little bit of luck (a crane) or would like to attend the exhibition in approx 1 years time. Register here.
If you have found one of these cranes please keep it until march 2015 when you will be asked to bring it to the exhibition opening night, register your email address HERE so I can send you an invite to the opening night of the exhibition. So your crane can be placed into an artwork at the exhibition.
Thanks, Naomi - the Wonkie One