WOW only 32 weeks to go! And 640 cups to drink 1280 cranes to fold! (still sounds like so many)
The backgrounds that I used this week were the grass with fresh raindrops on it, a pair of large leaves with clover cover below, my new note holders from Officeworks, curtains, clovers with rain on them, the cut branch of an almond tree, the wooden floor at the pizzeria, a book, leaves and grass, flowers, blanket with an inverse filter, textured paper, different grass, the wardrobe and a sign, bowl of apples, crochet rug, key hanging ornament on wooden table, pair of earrings that I bought, awesome salad that I ate and a fabulous chair!
This week Sean and I went and had all you can eat at Toto's Pizzeria, sitting on the floor taking photos is a conversation starter. ha ha ha.
We also attended Flinders St Market on Saturday and Sunday. So I met lots of wonderful people and stall holders.
355. Bobbing for apples - The Sunshine Van. Rene' and her daughter Sugar had their Sunshine Van - a caravan art gallery store next door to us on Saturday and Sunday. - "The Sunshine Van is a delightful little old caravan transformed into a snazzy Art Gallery Store - showcasing beautiful artworks by 27 talented artists" It is a fabulous art space filled with an abundance of art and crafts.
356. Thinking outside the square- Minnie Crochet Boutique A fantastic collection of amazing 'Crochet slippers, lariats, home decor and accessories and embroidered gifts.' Some really warm things for winter available from Minnie.
357. Elephant taxi - A stall of a fantastic collection of things from key hanging ornaments, to clothes and clocks.
358. Swingtime - Juanita Tortilla. 'Juanita makes fabulous bags and accessories out of unloved things for Eco-conscious people.' I bought the crochet earrings featured in this image. Because, well, I love them and they match my Wonkie Knee Art jacket I painted. Juanita is a girl after my own heart, as she enjoys re-purposing materials and other things into a new and fantastic products, something I also love to do. Which reminds me of the boxes of things I have in storage, that are going to have to come out and be completed into a new range of things for the spring market scene so stay tuned for that....so much to do so little time.... Also make sure you check out Juanita's awesome website and blog.
359. With Salad - The Lunch Lady. Anelis makes the most AMAZING salads, muesli, rhubarb crumble, cheesecake and I am sure the other things she makes are also delicious. As you can see mum and I ate soooo much from her stall. The muesli with strawberries and my fave yogurt was excellent. Mum had 2 crumbles so must have been tasty, we had salad for lunch and I had more for dinner. The salad we had was 'Bio-dynamic Brown Rice Salad with Raw Zucchini, Mixed seeds, Almonds, Mint and Avocado' and the dressing is divine!
The White chocolate and raspberry cheese cake O MY GAWD!!!! Any way check out her FB page and come down to the market next time she is there and have a taste. B-E-A-utiful.
360. You ARE a doily! - Pretty by Pip. And last but certainly not least is Pretty by Pip. "Pip has released her own range of natural, mineral makeup. Great for sensitive skin - the only animal testing is on Pip! This range is made in South Australia, is Vegetarian friendly (has some Vegan friendly products, too) and is divine!" If you feel like getting a make over Pip is the one to see.
If you are curious about the title of this image, the cranes were folded from a doily from the lunch lady and if you have been following my journey you will be aware there are two other references to a doily and a line from a movie. That always makes me laugh. First person to post the correct movie to our Wonkie Knee Art Facebook page will win a postcard and limited edition art tote prize pack! Valued @ $40.
Also other fantastic stalls holders that I met on the weekend were Juice Excuse fantastic Juices and INCREDIBLE soup, which was definitely needed on Saturday as it was so cold.
On the other side of us was Amanda Donald - Your Inspiration At Home
Consultant which is a "Natural seasonings, spices, salts and other gourmet items which are inspired by ethnic regions and custom blended to make cooking fast, simple and healthy (with no added gluten, MSG or preservatives) Australian Made and Owned Company". If you would like to arrange a tasting contact Amanda via her facebook page.
This weekend had so many other superb stalls if you want to know the line up at Flinders st Market each week stay tuned the markets facebook page. But make sure you visit me @ meadows this Sunday.
You can find me at the following markets for June and July.
8th June - Meadows Country Market
15th June - Market on Oakland
21st and 22nd June - Flinders St Market
28th and 29th June - Flinders St Market
5th and 6th July - Flinders St Market
13th July - Meadows Country Market
20th July - Looking for a new market in Marion area
26th and 27th July - Flinders St Market
For more information on each market visit their facebook pages
230 Flinders st, Adelaide
The Meadows Memorial hall, Mawson St, Meadows
ASA Marion Leisure Centre, Oaklands Rd, Morphettville
Until next week may all your cups be delicious and all your cranes fly free. Make sure you register your email if you found a little bit of luck (a crane) or would like to attend the exhibition in approx 1 years time. Register here.
The exhibition will probably in March 2015 during the fringe festival. I just need to find a venue. If you have any suggestions for an awesome place to hold my exhibition, PLEASE let me know. As time is a constant thing I need to start planning the exhibition so IT WILL ACTUALLY HAPPEN. Here are this weeks images.
If you have found one of these cranes please keep it until march 2015 when you will be asked to bring it to the exhibition opening night, register your email address HERE so I can send you an invite to the opening night of the exhibition. So your crane can be placed into an artwork at the exhibition.